Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My brain is dying.

Okay, Nathaniel is gone on business and I have to take a break from my brain frying homework for a minute to vent... and what better way to vent than to blog?! So among various other assignments to be completed tonight, I have to write three papers. Yep it's nine o'clock, I've been doing homework since I got home AT SIX, and time is running out. Overwhelmed. Let's talk about what these three papers are on... teaching the acquisition of a second language, more specifically, "Language Pedagogy". All three papers are loosely related to that accursed word that I have so come to loathe... "Pedagogy". That word is so darned intimidating. Why do professors feel the need to complicate written instruction? I know why, to make themselves feel superior to their students and validated in their instruction. In short, to make themselves feel smarter. Mental Note: I will never be that educator. Well all, let's hope I make it through the night. I actually feel better already, but don't worry I won't let my rantings and ravings become a blogging habit. 

7 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

I'm sorry your having a hard time!! I'm proud of you that you got another post up!!! :) Now you need more with picture's!!! Your going to do great on your paper's and homework!!! Love Ya. Amirra is waving hi to you!!!

Brad and Jamie Porter said...

AAAHHH I agree, Im pretty sure my last paper we had to write made no sence at all. Its been 3 days and I hate this class all ready. AAHHHH post pictures aaahhh lets shop and spend our hubbies money k:)

Alissa Mott said...

yay another post!:) You are such a smarty pants though, you will do fine:) :)

Strider & Jana said...

You are adorable Rach! I miss you...

Emily K Jacob A said...

It was so nice meeting you! You are so cute. Don't worry. Everything will work out fine with your papers and before you know you'll be blogging like a pro!

Lisa Payne said...

as long as you keep posting, you can rant and rave as much as you want :)...or you could just call me :)

Emily Moffat said...

You're too cute Rachel. I know Jacob and Nathaniel have been in touch since Saturday. I'm all for getting together every chance we get! We had a fabulous time! How has your paper writing gone?