Sunday, November 9, 2008

October Highlights!

I love October for many reasons! Here are some highlights of our October 08...
  • Brigham's Birthday.
  • Going to the Phoenix Zoo with the Mom, sisters, babies, and Q and Z.
  • Trying on my Mom's wedding dress... my parents got married in '72, groovy dress eh?
  • Planting flowers with my Mom... I was trying to follow Elder Uchtdorf's advise from the general women's broadcast and "create" beauty. So, I planted flowers for the first time in my life! They are still alive, hooray! Thanks Mom.
  • Going to Schnepf Farms with Dani, Brennon, and the Gutterys... so so so so much fun!
...This is Dani and I riding the really scary train at the farm, it's going really fast and we are really scared :)

...On this ride Nathaniel and Brennon powered us through a dirt track on a four passenger-two man bike! Danica and I were hysterical.

...Nathaniel and Brennon were really tired after all that pedaling... good work boys.
...They might have been mad at us after that because shortly after, they found girlfriends.

...We didn't mind.
...Thanks for the invite Dani and Brennon, we had a blast!

  • Going to Dani and Brennon's Halloween party as a 70's couple... my dress is completely vintage, it belongs to my Mom! She purchased it when she went away to BYU, she was a sass!
Dani and Brennon = 20's couple
Mike and Brooke = Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf
Kayla = Rad Volleyball Player
  • Annual Pumpkin Carving... Shauna and Boe, always the most competitive at this event.
...Their finished product.

...Hayden working dilligently.
... Kenz and I, we didn't have pumpkins to carve :(

...Tate and Jarom are really proud of their pumpkins, 'til next year boys!
  • Sara's infamous "Pumkin Pants".
...She gets a pair of Halloween stretchy pants every year and prefers to wear them for months until they're skin tight and thread bare.



  • Halloween!... Making caramel apples with Mom.

... Passing out candy.
...Costumes!
...Eating caramel apples.

Can't wait until next October!

16 comments:

Austin said...

I still don't think your costumes were as good as when we were little and I was a cowboy and you were an Indian.... good times. Back when I was cute :)

sls said...

Our family is crazy but that's why it makes me smile to look at those pictures.
I love you and Nathaniel in the 70's.
And when did you try on Mom's wedding dress? You are the only one it fits, Lucky!

dani said...

Oh. my. goodness. I look completly ridiculous/ugly/retarded in all of those pictures. hahaha What is up with the face I made in every picture? Wow. That was SOO fun tho, I need to post about that. Remember when I almost died by the big water truck and I grabbed onto your husband for dear life and almost peed my pants? Good times.

Cute post, love all the October fun. Lets make some November fun too!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, You look so adorable as the "70's" couple... you should have said "sonny and cher" haha.

Brad and Jamie Porter said...

YOU ARE SO DANG SKINNY AND SOOO PRETTY. YOU TOTALLY LOOK LIKE YOU WERE BACK IN THE 70'S FUN FUN. WE NEED TO HANG OUT SOON, SCHOOL TOTALLY DOES NOT COUNT. I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND I LOVE YOU WHOOP WHOOP

Unknown said...

I love that you put so many pictures on - teach Dani to do that! I was cracking up listening to the two of you screaming on the ride - that was a blast - lets make it a tradition.

Marisa and Rob said...

Love the pictures!! Looks like you guys had a great October!!! Also you guys are WAY to funny in the video!!! :) Crack me up!!! :)

katielizabethawkes said...

remember how...
i love this blog. and your pictures. and you know i would really wear those dresses in public if i owned them.

dani said...

Everytime I watch that video, it gets funnier and funnier.

Heather said...

Fun times in October! You and Nathanial are SO cute! Love the
70's dress and your mom's wedding dress, wow! :)

Brooke {B} said...

Rachel you are so gorgeous! My favorite picture was the one of you in your moms dres... that is so funny! I loved it. Anyway.. you look way pretty- no suprise there :)

Alissa Mott said...

It looks like you guys had SUCH a fun october! You guys are adorable! OHH..so I have to tell you something! I am not sure if you realize, but your phone calls me at least once a day, sometimes twice:)..On accident! lol. I must be top on your phone list! Jordan answered it yesterday and was talking to you..but you didn't hear him! :) Anyways!! I miss you girly!

Stacy said...

Looks like you had an eventful and fun October!

Lisa Payne said...

it looks like your mom's wedding dress fits you PERFECT!! that's so crazy! I know i would never be able to fit into my mom's...she was so small! it really looked good on you though...it seemed fitting!

Aileena said...

quite the halloween post. I love the picture of Nathaniel looking stoned. So funny. And I love your Mom's wedding dress. you look beautiful in it. And your halloween costumes...Fantastic! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I am glad other people get as excited as I am about my pregnancy! I guess I should put more "belly" pictures up on here so people dont forget. :)
I am getting my 3-D ultra sound on thursday, so I will put those pictures up soon!
Well, I love hearing from you! I hope your holiday season is wonderful!