Monday, December 8, 2008

November Highlights!

November, a month dear to my heart...



  • Gilbert Days Parade... My family goes every year. It's always entertaining with my family. They yell things like, "Top O' the mornin' to yeh!" at the people on the Irish float and, "Ha Cha Cha!" at Mexican dancers... I won't mention what the sisters were saying about a certain cowboy :)


  • Midnight Twilight!!!! Whoop. Whoop. A long awaited night. I went to the midnight showing of Twilight with a couple of the sisters and some other fun ladies. Yes, Yes, we made T-shirts- they said "Edward I'm here my love". For me, this movie was an out of body experience... I seriously can't even call it a movie. I loved every second of it, cheese and all :) That night I took place among all squealing highschoolers in our theater... such vocal moments in the movie included... seeing Edward for the first time, when Edward- in all his sun glasses glory- stepped out of the Volvo with Bella, the meadow, the KISSING, ahhhh all of it!!!


  • November 21st... Nathaniel's 26th birthday and our 2 year anniversary!! Nathaniel. What can I say about him?... He is honestly the funniest being on earth. He is brilliantly business minded. He works hard every day. He is annoyingly persevering. He would do anything for me. I am truly blessed to have him in my life... What can I say about our first 2 years of marriage? Well... he must love me. I'm a bit of a handful. I have loved our time together and I look forward to our years to come.
  • Thanksgiving... My assignment was funeral potatoes. Here I am, before any festivities of the day, preping my delicious potatoes.
...Turkey Bowl!!!
...typical twins. Always off plotting somewhere.
...Dinner at the Allens!!

...Post-dinner walk. Following our feast, we strolled down the street and found a couple of lucky turkeys!




Okay, the sight and sound of a turkey gobble really makes me laugh... the only thing funnier than the turkey gobble, in this video, are the sounds everyone makes to try and get the turkey to gobble :)




...We finished out our Thanksgiving holiday at my parents house. We relaxed by the fire pit and watched Indiana Jones. Nathaniel played checkers, I swear he was playing for hours!



  • Christmas Lights... We picked out and purchased our first Christmas lights. Nathaniel hung our first Christmas lights on our first house!!! A lot of firsts!!!

14 comments:

Alissa Mott said...

AWW! It looks like you guys had a great November, and a great thanksgiving! You and Nathaniel are honestly one of my most favorite couples! I was always rooting for you two and still are...time for babies! haha..just kidding! Congrats on 2 years of marriage! Can you believe I have almost been married a WHOLE YEAR!? Time flies!!! Love you both!!

Alissa Mott said...

PS!... Email me you Email address so I can invite you to my blog! Email it to Alissa7@gmail.com!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I am very jealous that you have a house to put lights on. I cant even get a tree to fit in our apartment! Haha. Im glad to see you are doing well. Happy Holidays!!!

dani said...

Look at you 4 comments in one day! I never get that! ha

Aw what a fun month you had! It was missing one thing tho....The Fish's! Lets not do that again ok. haha

So I love your new blog look. that background is adorable. Anytime you need blog help, im just a call away! :)

Brad and Jamie Porter said...

Oh I love you.... I laughed out loud with what your family says at the parade ha ha Im gonna miss you so much during student teaching bOO but YA at the same time :( Tear

Heather said...

Fun times in November! Happy belated anniversary to you and your sweetheart! It was fun seeing you a couple of times last month!

Marisa and Rob said...

Happy late Anniversary!! 2 wonderful years and many more to come!!! :) Looks like you guys had a great Novemeber!!! Hooray for all your firsts!! :) Love the pictures.

katielizabethawkes said...

Rachel - your pictures make me so happy! I didn't hit up the midnite showing of Twilight but i did go see it the next day, and i have to say i muttered/yelled/drooled something when he stepped out of the Volvo with the sunglasses on. I would only rate myself a mediocre fan (i didn't make a shirt....) but i admit that i loved every second of this movie....

kristal said...

Rachael, It's danica's favorite aunt. Um, if you ever get really fat by some weird chance, and then you get skinny again, can I have your fat clothes??? You're the cutest dresser IN THE WORLD! Good job with the funeral potatoes!

The Bowyer Family said...

Oh my gosh Rachel the first THREE days have felt like they took twenty freaking years!! you have to call me or text me so we can share student teaching difficulties!!

Emily Moffat said...

You guys are so cute together! You both look so happy! Congrats on 2 years and all your other firsts!

Mark and Kimmi said...

We need updates!!!Please!!

Aileena said...

I thought I was behind on reading your blog, but now I see your behind on your updating. Oh well. Cute fun photos. I like the turkey chocolates. Are you guys in Mesa? I thought you were, but I wasn't sure. Anyways, hope you guys are doing well.

Amelia Kate said...

Rachael!!!!! Oh my goodness it is so good to hear from you!!! I think about you all the time. You are more beautiful than ever too! Please call me, 480-324-6683, I would love to see you asap!